At the beginning of each class, yoga students are given the opportunity to 'set an intention for this practice.' Much like I have the opportunity with everything I do to 'set an intention to honor God.'
Throughout a yoga practice, students are reminded to stay focussed on the present and let everything else take the back seat at this time. I think of Priscilla Shirer in The Resolution for Women , when she expounds on the wisdom of a friend's words regarding priorities. "When you choose to do everything, you can't do anything well. But when honoring God is your focus, it pares down your purpose and narrows your focus." Just like I focus on my yoga mat, I need to have the priorities of my life in balance for this time, this place: this season of my life.
As a yoga class continues, the exercise intensifies and the body is stretched to new lengths with every inhale and exhale; and as a relationship with the Lord grows and develops we are stretched and challenged more and more with each experience presented before us.
I hear the voice of the yoga instructor, "reach" "grow" "hold here", not much different from the words of instruction, direction, and promise the Lord has pressed upon my heart and mind
I find it amazing the ways God reminds us of all His blessings; even through a hot yoga class ;)
![]() |
| Of course, a little red mango after yoga |

No comments:
Post a Comment