Sunday, July 22, 2012

A time to replay the weekend & a reminder from Matthew 11


Saquish Beach on Saturday
This week flew by for me, very busy but very fun :)
On Saturday some good friends and I drove out to the beach for the day. The weather was beautiful and the water was warm enough to go for a little swim too. I love the refreshing feeling of a dip in the ocean! {hair after the ocean = my favorite} 
After a day at the beach, we enjoyed dinner out and then saw "The Dark Knight Rises"in IMAX, which made for a very thrilling experience. 
Mitchell and I before dinner&movie
[checkout my instagram for more pics from Saturday]
Today I got to wear my new white jeans from crewcuts, they are actually boys! Crazy, I know! 
But hey, {boy's or not} the jeans are cute, fit well, and were a great deal [under $10]. 
jeans - Crewcuts
scarf - J.crew
tank- J.crew
sandals- Roxy
earrings- Target


Thanks Mitchell for snapping some photos this afternoon!


And friends to close out this Sunday, I would like to leave you with a few thoughts on resting in the Lord.
Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,  for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Whether it may be the bore of a lackluster crawl through the mundane week; the anguish and heartache resulting from a devastating loss; or just somewhere in between, we must always remember Jesus has  made Himself available to us! He is our rest, and not just a holiday or a break, but in every minute of every day we have the privilege, opportunity, and choice to "take His yoke upon us": to be coupled, linked, and tied to the gentle and humble heart of Jesus. 
I thank God for this tremendous blessing He has made available to us! 
Rest in Him 

~Shannon












No comments:

Post a Comment