Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A time to bring it back to the Mainstay

So as I was getting dressed the other day, I had all the elements to my outfit planned out....but then the shirt I was intent on wearing was no where to be found and I mean no where. What in this crazy closet of mine was i gonna finagle an outfit with now! 
After trial and error I found it. My favorite: blue and white stripes. Though it was not the beautiful grey blouse I originally had in mind, this nautical basic T is my old-reliable, my mainstay. 
Mainstay: chief support
Much like this shirt was not what I planned on or thought I needed, it was a time to bring it back to the basics, when all else had failed, this shirt would work.  My Mainstay, Jesus Christ, the chief support of my life. Where I must return day in and day out when all my feeble attempts fail. He is there always. 
The new mercies and unending love He has for each and everyone of us can not compare to that of a tirelessly worn top, but only as a humble reminder of how I under estimate  the faithfulness of my Lord just as I sometimes overlook the beauty of a basic-T :) 

shirt - AE [mens;old]
pants - Crewcuts [boys {$4}]
shoes- Target
necklace- The Limited
ring- The Loft







No comments:

Post a Comment